The disinfection of potable water systems may be required in case:
• germs are detected
• of increased hygienic requirements.
The implementation of the new potable water regulations (TrinkwV) places great emphasis on the hygieneconscious
planning, realisation and operation of potable water systems.
disinfection of potable water systems
The following measures are suitable both for the assurance of the required potable water quality and the minimising of the danger of germs occurring:
• material choice
• when calculating the pipe network, select the smallest possible widths
• hygiene-conscious system layout (looped systems)
• no stagnation piping (drainage pipes, collective safety devices)
• single safety devices are preferable
• separate extinguisher systems from potable water network
• ensure target temperature is reached in entire potable water heater
• install circulation piping
• protect cold water piping against heating
• hygiene-conscious handling of materials
• document the piping system
• maintain the system regularly (maintenance contract).